Email us a letter of interest!
Hilltown Community Development Corp. - Mobile Market Operator
The Mobile Market Operator is a seasonal position to operate the Hilltown Mobile Market, a collaborative initiative to increase the accessibility and affordability of Hilltown-grown produce. The Market aggregates fresh local produce from Hilltown farms, sorts, packs orders, and delivers to 16 locations throughout the Hilltowns. The season runs from July 16th through November 18th, roughly 24 hours a week, Wednesday through Friday.
- Communicate and coordinate weekly with Mobile Market Coordinator for pickup schedule and quantities of produce (Wednesday)
- Prep Mobile Market van (clean, equip and fuel)
- Organize orders and efficiently distribute to our pick-up locations (Thursday and Friday)
- Maintain positive relationships with our pick-up location hosts
- Comfort with wholesale delivery to kitchen and retail environments
- Oversee interns and volunteers assisting at the market
- Excellent customer service skills; committed to serving all people regardless of race, income, ability, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
- Professionalism when working with local farmers and vendors for weekly orders and pickups
- Familiarity with basic organizational software such as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and ability to train on dedicated Local Food Marketplace software
- Expressed enthusiasm for promoting and increasing the consumption of healthy, local foods
- Familiarity with the Hilltowns preferred
- Attention to detail surrounding order fulfillment
- Driver’s license and ability to drive a cargo or reefer van
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to lift boxes of produce up to 50 lbs
Compensation: $17-20 / hour
Supervised By: Director of Community Programs