An important goal of the Hilltown Mobile Market project is to be affordable and accessible to all!
This 2020 Season, we are proud to offer a sliding scale option to ensure that all our customers can participate and experience the joy of supporting our local farms. We are using the honor system and ask that folks choose a level that is most comfortable for them using the following guide:
Life Factors to Consider…
Consider paying lower on the scale if you…
- are occasionally or frequently worried about meeting your basic needs for food, housing or transportation
- are supporting children or other dependents
- have significant debt or no access to savings
- qualify for government assistance such as SNAP (food stamps), WIC, Fuel Assistance, etc.
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- are on a fixed income, such as senior citizens
- are impacted by state violence (e.g. refugees, asylees and injustice in our criminal system).
Consider paying higher on the scale if you…
- are comfortably able to meet all of your basic needs for food, housing and transportation
- own your home or rent a higher-end property
- are employed with access to health care benefits and/or a retirement plan;
- have investments or inherited money, or access to family money and resources in times of need;
- have expendable income for dining out, entertainment, new clothes, etc.
- can afford to travel or take time off for a vacation
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to your education level (or other privileges you may have associated with race, gender, citizenship status, class background, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, etc.). Even if you are not currently exercising your earning power, we ask you to recognize when this is a choice and consider contributing more. Even if you are not currently exercising your earning power, we ask you to recognize when this is a choice and consider contributing more.